HomeForum Interactive Collective Album & Concert Reviews

TheMusicProphet

#1 (Permalink) Talking Violent Soho - Self Titled - Tue, 3-16-10, 5:36 PM Old

I just discovered a band last week called Violent Soho. They are from Australia and so far I really dig their sound. They bring back a lot of grunge and alternative sounds from the 90's. If you liked Silverchair, Blind Melon, Nirvana, and/or the Pixies, then you're in luck, cuz they just had a baby. I read an interview too and they described the band from the slums of Australia, and you can definitely hear that in their album, Violent Soho. The entire album is definitely one you can play all the way through, and it is solid, heavy, full of energy, raw, and angry, which is a combination that has been missing from all this mainstream rock crap out nowadays. Anyways, i give it a 4 stars, outta 5. If you haven't heard of them check out their myspace. I will leave a link to that and the interview below. Peace!

wwwmyspace.com/violentsoho

http://reportermag.com/article/viole...t-water-street

Send a message via AIM to TheMusicProphet
Andy
Reviewer

#2 (Permalink) Tue, 1-18-11, 2:14 PM Old

"Jesus Stole My Girlfriend" is great.

sparky697

#3 (Permalink) Mon, 2-28-11, 10:32 PM Old

Man I really need to explore the site more and not just look at what's new on the front page. I missed this and it's right up my alley. I loved the early 90s grunge and this would have fit in well there.